#51: December 19, 2006 - Joe Cole Tribute

Visit the official site to find out more about the tribute set, the rest of tonight's tracks, and the next few weeks. For those of you who don't get the email updates, there's a great Christmas set from Bob in the Fanatic! Fantasies section that's worth checking out. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Festivus for the rest of us, and Happy Whatever-else-floats-your-boat! See you next week.

Part One * Part Two * Part Three * Part Four

01. Isaac Hayes - Chocolate Chip
02. The Fontaine Toups - Different Life
03. J Mascis – Maggot Brain
04. The Fall - On My Own
05. Kas Product – In Need
06. Assorted Players - Ladrang Rajamanggala
07. Black Flag – American Waste
08. The Swans - Coward
09. Fred McDowell – I’ve Been Drinking Water Out Of A Hollow Log
10. DEVO – Auto Mowdown
11. Black Sabbath - Hole in the Sky
12. The Butthole Surfers - The O-Men
13. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
14. The Stooges - Loose
15. Minor Threat - Seeing Red
16. The Obsessed – River Of Soul
17. Cosmic Psychos - Lost Cause
18. Ramesses – Ramesses II
19. Saccharine Trust – A Christmas Cry
20. Maceo Parker - The Soul Of The Black Man

posted by Rollins-Archive

Comments 

0 #3 2010-04-20 20:39
Angela said...

The problem with these pre-taped shows is that the timing never quite works out right coming in and out of commercial breaks. The end of the show was so abrupt, I thought it was jarring. I took the liberty of cutting out the commercial right on it's tail and fading the last second of the song out. It was just seemed weird to me to have such a smooth track end so sharply. I didn't think you all would mind.

Wed Dec 20, 10:44:00 AM EST

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the devo song?!

Thu Dec 21, 09:33:00 AM EST

Forget that last comment about Devo... I'm loosing it!

Thu Dec 21, 09:35:00 AM EST

0 #2 2010-04-20 20:38
Angela said...

Heck, I already lost it. ;-)

Thu Dec 21, 09:40:00 AM EST

Anonymous anko said...

You do a greate job angela. Im a long time Rollins fan in the north of Sweden. U really light up my week when I can download the show. Thank you!

Thu Dec 21, 11:36:00 AM EST

Blogger Angela said...

Swedes rock! ;-)

Thu Dec 21, 11:40:00 AM EST

Anonymous anko said...

:)

Thu Dec 21, 01:54:00 PM EST

Blogger Christer said...

I'll join anko in giving kudos to Angela from Sweden - this time Stockholm. I read in A Dull Roar that Henry had to cancel shows in Scandinavia to shoot the movie and tour - well, that's a bummer as far as I'm concerned :)

Thu Dec 21, 07:09:00 PM EST

Anonymous Josch said...

Whow !!
This man is a Monster.Not a workaholic. A WorkMonster RockAlien
I love this Show.And a Fukin German not really often say "i love this or that"
And Thanks again too for this great archive.
Josch.

Thu Dec 21, 08:20:00 PM EST

Blogger Angela said...

tack :)

WorkMonster RockAlien? That's a good one, Josch. I love this show, too. And thank you.

Thu Dec 21, 09:33:00 PM EST

Ha jo, dr Rollins isch a WorkMonster RockAlien, des sag I au immer...

Sat Dec 23, 01:01:00 PM EST

0 #1 2010-04-20 20:37
Angela said...

Ok, I really stepped in it now. I was just asking for that, wasn't I? I can only speak english and a smattering of badly pronounced japanese. Anything else is only a basic word here or there. I tried to follow along, but you lost me towards the end. I'll attempt to figure it out later when I am not running late! I do love a challenge. :-)

Sat Dec 23, 05:39:00 PM EST

Blogger Angela said...

Ok, I'm going to give this a shot. If I plug the words "des sag I au immer" into an online translator it comes out something like this: "of the say I outer always" It's the word "outer" that's confusing me. How the heck does that get thrown in there? So I'm going to skip that word and guess a more loose translation of something like "as I always say". Now I'll put the question out to any multilingual fanatics: Was I close or was I completely off?

Sun Dec 24, 12:57:00 AM EST

Rollins show is the best thing happening in radio, and you're doing quite the great service by making these available.

Great huge thanks from Portland,

Aaron.

Tue Dec 26, 04:28:00 PM EST

Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Aaron. Tune in tomorrow for this week's show (broadcast tonight) and a James Brown tribute set from Mark in the Fanatic!Fantasi es section.

Tue Dec 26, 04:32:00 PM EST

Search Rollins Archive

Site Disclaimer

www.rollins-archive.com is an unofficial fan site. It is not affiliated with Henry Rollins, 2.13.61, KCRW, Indie 103.1 FM, or any other nutty thing you may think of. I'm just a fan like the rest of you.