#27: July 4, 2006

Well...

Because it's the 4th of July, Indie is just broadcasting programmed music tonight. No Harmony In My Head, unfortunately. Hopefully, the show will be back live next week.

posted by Tara

Comments 

0 #3 Paul 2011-12-28 16:52
I bet Indie was afraid of what effects the sonic jihad of Harmony In My Head would have on people attempting to celebrate the 4th, haha.

0 #2 2010-04-20 09:31
Josch / Germany said...

I hate this Fukin 4th July in the USA.
And now i know WHY ,-)

Wed Jul 05, 07:15:00 AM EDT

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no worries, you are not alone. Former broadcasts (e.g. The Ruts) may have severed my shrewish sis-in-law from my 14-yo nephew and that's all for the good, although I am reduced to CD care package download ripoffs via long distance post office. Nephew thinks he might want to join the military. Post Mersh vol.3, live on.

Wed Jul 05, 11:59:00 PM EDT

Blogger Angela said...

In my opinion it was just plain silly for Indie to do that. It's not like it was any special programming, just regular music. Were they just giving people the day off? Also it would've been nice of them to let Henry know sooner than the day of the show. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say he was probably disappointed, too.

Thu Jul 06, 10:05:00 AM EDT

Anonymous Monica said...

Hello everyone....I just saw this on the HIMH site and thought I'd post it here.

Hello Fanatics! I wanted to apologize for the dozen or so of you who tuned in on July 4th only to hear, well, I don't know what. I was told that the station was on autopilot only an hour before the show. Engineer X called me and told me the sad news as I was on my way to the station. So, that really cool DC area band show didn't get aired. I am debating doing that show next Tuesday or coming back to it again later. I have all the notes written out and all the music gathered. I will see how I feel over the weekend.
I will be back on Tuesday night 8 - 10 pm so we can get our Fanatic on like we have done so many times before and I will bring some great music in any case. SO, sorry about the no show but that one was out of my hands.

Stay Fanatic!

Henry

Thu Jul 06, 07:06:00 PM EDT

0 #1 2010-04-20 09:30
Blogger Stuart said...

Station had not been on autopilot all weekend as they had some live djs at some points just none of the usual main shows. So they could have probably done the show as Henry seemed ready for it. Not that they heavily advertise the show anyway and with Henry going on tour another live show before the taped ones would have been nice.

Thu Jul 06, 09:00:00 PM EDT

Blogger Angela said...

Stuart, I agree. I'm excited about the tour, but I'm concerned Indie will drop the show again. Then where will I find all this great and/or strange music?

Fri Jul 07, 05:01:00 PM EDT

Anonymous Monica said...

From eachother on the "fanatic! fantasies" page and all the angry people at your local indie music shop :)

Sat Jul 08, 12:07:00 AM EDT

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All
Just wondering if anyone can help me get my little hands on Henry's TV show, we don't get it in Ireland and I have watched all the clips on the web site. I have just downloaded a dvd quality of sleater kinney performing on the show and it was amazing. I will trade any good material i have and be eternally greatful to you.
Thanks
Garry
garrycs69@eirco m.net

Mon Jul 10, 10:23:00 AM EDT

Search Rollins Archive

Site Disclaimer

www.rollins-archive.com is an unofficial fan site. It is not affiliated with Henry Rollins, 2.13.61, KCRW, Indie 103.1 FM, or any other nutty thing you may think of. I'm just a fan like the rest of you.