#41: October 10, 2009

October 10, 2009

01. Jerry Lee Lewis - Long Tall Sally
02. Generation X – Kleenex
03. The Stooges - Real Cool Time (alt mix)
04. Wire - French Film Blurred
05. Syamsudin - Bunga Rampai
06. The Other Half - Bad Day
07. The Firesign Theatre - Sleep . . .
08. Jimi Hendrix - Love Or Confusion
09. Omar Souleyman - Lansob Sherek (I Will Make A Trap)
10. Pere Ubu - Watching The Pigeons
11. Sam Rivers - Point Of Many Returns
12. Death - You're A Prisoner
13. Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - The Entebbe Affair
14. Death From Above 1979 - Cold War
15. Fugazi - Full Disclosure
16. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo - Ma Tafou Gnin O
17. Roxy Music - Prairie Rose
18. Honny & The Bees - Psychedelic Woman
19. Farflung - Prototype Of A Traveler
20. Rites Of Spring - Drink Deep
21. The Afflicted - Hippy Punk
22. Acid Bath – Tranquilized
23. Higashi Hiroshi - Untitled

posted by Mr.Hughes

Comments 

0 #3 2010-04-12 16:18
Anonymous said... sounded good to me, thanks! -julian - October 12, 2009 4:32 PM

andreas said... yep, sounds fine here, too :) thanks a lot for your effort, much appreciated!!!

-andreas- - October 13, 2009 3:29 AM

Mr.Hughes said... Thanks Fanatics. The irony of my job is that I can't take the time right now to listen to music - or at least music that I want to listen to! - October 13, 2009 4:04 AM

Anonymous said... Thanks fanatic, sound good. - October 13, 2009 4:22 PM

0 #2 2010-04-12 16:17
Anonymous said... I'm just putting this out there - and this isn't a reflection on this site, its efforts, or anyone who listens to the show - but has anyone else just stopped listening to Henry, like I have? I think I dropped out around April or May. It just seemed like every time I came to look at the track list, I was seeing a lot of the same bands and songs. It's good stuff, but I have it already! It seems like Henry has a top layer of about 100 CDs and he rarely digs underneath it anymore (how many times have you listened to "Pata Pata" or Generation X?) So, yeah, just posing the question. I wish he would use the artist index on this site... - October 14, 2009 1:43 PM

0 #1 2010-04-12 16:12
Mr.Hughes said... Yes, and no. I like hearing some of the same songs again, although I'm done with 'Pata Pata' for now - no offense to Miriam Makeba. Even tho I'm not a Fall fan, I miss the Obligatory Weekly Fall Track. I dig it when Henry gets into a groove with something like Da Hawnay Troof or Deerhoof or Dax Riggs - as much as I'd like to go buy everything that these guys release..well, I can't, so I appreciate the repetition. - October 14, 2009 4:31 PM

Anonymous said... I always look forward to Henry's show. I may not like everything he plays but I really appreciate the effort. I like hearing what he's into even if it is a 'Pata Pata' repeat. It's a relatively brief show and after that I have my own collection and the internet at my disposal. It's win, win.

PS: Thanks for the new post. - D - October 16, 2009 3:11 PM

Search Rollins Archive

Site Disclaimer

www.rollins-archive.com is an unofficial fan site. It is not affiliated with Henry Rollins, 2.13.61, KCRW, Indie 103.1 FM, or any other nutty thing you may think of. I'm just a fan like the rest of you.